You may have seen my Homemade Gummy Bear recipe. (You can make them any shape you want!) If you like, you can look back at that post and read about the fabulous health benefits of gelatin.
Here is my chocolate gummy version!
Note that you first add the gelatin to cold or room temperature liquid in order for it to "bloom". Then it needs to be gently warmed, (which I do by adding that to a hot liquid/solution) and then cooled again.
- 3 tbl unflavoured gelatin (I buy it from iHerb online - use code BQT517 to get $10 off your first order).
- 1/4 cup liquid (use water or your favourite milk or brewed (and cooled) coffee for a mild mocha flavour!)
- 3/4 cup of your favourite hot chocolate (see my recipe below).
-> Add 3 tbl of the gelatin to the cold (or room temperature) liquid.
Mix this so that the gelatin "blooms".
Add this to the hot chocolate mixture and blend in a blender.
Pour into moulds or a pyrex dish that is small-ish enough. I used heart shaped silicon moulds that I got at Ikea several years ago.
Refrigerate for about 20 minutes to 1 hour.
Remove from moulds and enjoy!
- 3/4 cup hot water or your favourite milk (Note: if I were actually making a cup of hot chocolate to drink, I'd use 1 cup of hot liquid - but for the gummies I need 1/4 of the liquid to be cold/room temp).
- 1 tbl raw cacao powder
- 1-2 tbl raw honey (i.e. to taste) or your favourite sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
Have fun! You can do this with anything! You can do this with your Bulletproof Coffee! You can do this with Dandyblend Coffee! You can do this with Matcha Tea! You can do this with Turmeric Milk! Just keep to the ratios:
3 tbl gelatin into 1/4 cup cold or room temp liquid.
3/4 cup hot liquid (brewed coffee, brewed matcha, brewed Dandyblend, etc).
Plus any add-ins like ceylon cinnamon, vanilla, turmeric, honey, maple syrup, grassfed butter...😀.... etc....